Unified Team Diving

Hi people,

I am interested in knowing some thoughts on what cylinder valves/manifolds are good products.
I need to import a bunch of valves into New Zealand and would like to get some products not from a bigger company such as scubapro or Halcyon etc as these brands have exclusive distributors. Cheers.

Views: 13

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Lance,

You may want to look at Thermo. They make excellent manifolds & valves. We used a lot of them here in Singapore. I really liked them b'cos they have slightly higher neck & longer valves so it makes it really easy to do valve drills, etc. Price-wise, it's cheaper than H or even OMS.

Hope tis helps. Cheers!

Yazid.
Thanks Yazid for your references,

I had been looking at thermo valves, I recently purchased an alloy 80 with a thermo valve.. The quality looks good but I am concerned that the hand wheels length may be obstructive when slung as a deco bottle. Any thoughts on this would be good...
Don't think this would cause any problem at all.

Lance Mckirdy said:
Thanks Yazid for your references,

I had been looking at thermo valves, I recently purchased an alloy 80 with a thermo valve.. The quality looks good but I am concerned that the hand wheels length may be obstructive when slung as a deco bottle. Any thoughts on this would be good...
When using a relatively wide swivel deco reg, the Thermo knobs are actually better than many of the shorter stubbier alternatives - at least with bulky gloves on. Reality is you probably won't notice.
Thats a clear explanation, thankyou.

Richard said:
When using a relatively wide swivel deco reg, the Thermo knobs are actually better than many of the shorter stubbier alternatives - at least with bulky gloves on. Reality is you probably won't notice.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Students - Purchase Gear Here

UTD on the Net

In the News

UTD STUDENT PROCESS

New and Exciting at UTD

EDUCATIONAL MATERIALS

UTD Equipment

UTD News

CURRENT NEWSLETTER IS READY...CLICK HERE.
Click here for our Newsletter archive.

MEMBERSHIP SPECIAL EXTENDED THROUGH 2012!
Join UTD or renew your UTD Membership in 2012 and receive access to the famed UTD Student and Diver Procedures Manual and/or an ONLINE DVD. CLICK HERE NOW.

Contact Info

Unified Team Diving

Websites:
Main:
unifiedteamdiving.com
Community:
unifiedteamdiving.com/main
Students:
my.unifiedteamdiving.com
Equipment:
utdequipment.com
E-Store:
utdequipment.com/

Street Address:
11211 Sorrento Valley Rd.
Suite I
San Diego, CA, 92121
USA

Phone:

+1 (855) DIVE UTD

+1 (855) 348-3883 

+1 760-585-9676

+1 760-585-9681 (fax)

Email:

info@unifiedteamdiving.com

Email:

sales@utdequipment.com

unifiedteamdiving

Classes and Events

© 2014   Created by Unified Team Diving.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Web Analytics