Unified Team Diving

hi dear,

I have some question about the wings

What s the real differents of the horsshoe or donut wing? only easy for dump air i think so..

Is it much more easy to dive with a horsshoe with stages or better streamline or.......?

i hope that users can answer than i can order my new wing:-)

thanks

Views: 37

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Instead of thinking of horseshoe or donut, consider the shape of the wing and location of the dump valve.

A narrower wing will be easier to move air around since it doesn't require significant changes of body angle to move air around. All wings "taco". Overly wide wings taco too much, and require significant effort to migrate air and dump. Many people's complaints about horseshoe wings being difficult to use were either poor wing design or skill issues.

Shape is also important. The widest point of the wing is also were the lift will be most pronounced. There are wings that are wider at the shoulder, and these are quite nice for head heavy tanks. For example, the UTD horseshoe wing is nicely shaped if you need more lift up top.

Another considering is dump valve location. You want at the highest point of air, usually near the edge of a doubles wing. Note the location of the dump valve in the wing below. With a diver in trim, air will usually be in that spot. Very little change of angle to dump air.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Students - Purchase Gear Here

UTD on the Net

In the News

UTD STUDENT PROCESS

New and Exciting at UTD

EDUCATIONAL MATERIALS

UTD Equipment

UTD News

CURRENT NEWSLETTER IS READY...CLICK HERE.
Click here for our Newsletter archive.

MEMBERSHIP SPECIAL EXTENDED THROUGH 2012!
Join UTD or renew your UTD Membership in 2012 and receive access to the famed UTD Student and Diver Procedures Manual and/or an ONLINE DVD. CLICK HERE NOW.

Contact Info

Unified Team Diving

Websites:
Main:
unifiedteamdiving.com
Community:
unifiedteamdiving.com/main
Students:
my.unifiedteamdiving.com
Equipment:
utdequipment.com
E-Store:
utdequipment.com/

Street Address:
11211 Sorrento Valley Rd.
Suite I
San Diego, CA, 92121
USA

Phone:

+1 (855) DIVE UTD

+1 (855) 348-3883 

+1 760-585-9676

+1 760-585-9681 (fax)

Email:

info@unifiedteamdiving.com

Email:

sales@utdequipment.com

unifiedteamdiving

© 2014   Created by Unified Team Diving.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Web Analytics