Unified Team Diving

Hi guys just wanted to know if someone could tell me the hose exact routings for the new KISS MX CCR so i can upgrade my existing unit. i already have the bands and manifold.

SUPER AMPED about this and cant wait to do the ratio deco class!!!!!!!!

Views: 67

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Tom,

We'll make a drawing for you sometime this week, but basically, it's the same as the other rebreathers in the MX series: Right post has long hose, wing, and dil injector; left post has BOV, SPG, and with the Kiss, the ADV.

Gas from the dil injector goes into the head near the ADV. Gas from the O2 injector goes into the head on the opposite side...the O2 feeds down the center tube of the canister, up through the scrubber, then into the loop.

The counterlungs tuck nicely into the bands...the whole unit is very clean.

Best,

Jeff

Cheers Jeff

i just wanted to check as the kiss has two possible input's for the dil as you said (adv andmanual add)

Jeff Seckendorf said:

Hi Tom,

We'll make a drawing for you sometime this week, but basically, it's the same as the other rebreathers in the MX series: Right post has long hose, wing, and dil injector; left post has BOV, SPG, and with the Kiss, the ADV.

Gas from the dil injector goes into the head near the ADV. Gas from the O2 injector goes into the head on the opposite side...the O2 feeds down the center tube of the canister, up through the scrubber, then into the loop.

Best,

Jeff

Tom,

Right now we're running the dil from the right post into the input on the side of the head near the ADV, and the ADV is getting fed from the left post.

Jeff

ADV! Santa Maria! Que pasa con eso!

George,

On the KISS, it's a very cool setup...basically a tilt valve placed well out of the slipstream, so almost impossible for it to free flow during scooter runs, etc. So we're offering it as part of the MX-KISS. Each of the three rebreathers we've so far configured into an MX (Megladon, Hammerhead, and now KISS Classic) have slightly different features that are appropriate to the config, and once set up, you dive them all in a very similar fashion. Turns out the KISS ADV is a feature we decided to keep.

Jeff

How are those drawings coming along?  

I was wondering what the custom in customised head entailed.  So the MX-KISS head is like the early early original KISS heads that had the O2 injecting into the exhale side of the scrubber from the left side?

For the O2 and dill injectors, are they the flow rate?

I came accross a vid and they talked about rigging the 21m bottle like the O2 bottle with an offboard kit so it can be plugged in the MX-KISS.  What is the the idea behind that? How where and why would you plug a 50% mix into the mCCR if it is for OC bailout?

I'm really liking what I'm seeing so far whith this unit and the only real (as in not DIR/UTD bashing) criticism that I have come accross from the masses seems to be long hose/coming of the loop thing and the fact that O2/offboard gass is not on the right. 

In doing my research I got the impression that the long hose and going of the loop is not a radical new idea and also many pSCR divers dive OB gass on the left.  The O2 injectoe on the left seems to go against the "rich on the right" that has been adopted by the majority (if not all) RB manufacturers and users.  Interesting enough, the number on complaint I have read about the other RB I was looking at (rEVO) was that due to the placment of the O2 injector (behind on right) was from guys on scooters who had to modify the unit to suit scootering.

MX-KISS as all the changes and additions I've been thinking about, in my 2 years of looking into buying a rebreather, come as standard in the MX-KISS.  Nothing to build myself, nothing remove and gather cobwebs as I replace it with what I want.  In my eyes it is perfect for me and my type of diving (mixed team) and your philosophy and procedures for it match and expand upon how I intended to dive it with my other (open circuit dive) buddies.

My wife, who is my number one technical dive buddy, took one look at the images on the net and instantly recognised the key parts, she "got" it and was already comfortable with us being able to deal issues with either mine or her gear as it would be similar, if not the same, with our existing training and diving method.

Well, I'm off to do the Classic KISS course (non UTD) and in speaking with my instructor he's been going on about how I will have to retrain my OC mindset into a RB mindset and dive the KISS as a RB and not a OC system...what ever all that means.

Shame UTD doesn't really have a presence in Australia as training will require travelling abroad and far.

Jeff Seckendorf said:

Hi Tom,

Best,

Jeff

My unit is not fully complete yet but it is diveable (i just need to get the proper dil and o2 injectors) here are some picks of it at the Poor Knights islands.............enjoy
Attachments:

Tom, Call me about the injectors.

Jeff

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Students - Purchase Gear Here

UTD on the Net

In the News

UTD STUDENT PROCESS

New and Exciting at UTD

EDUCATIONAL MATERIALS

UTD Equipment

UTD News

CURRENT NEWSLETTER IS READY...CLICK HERE.
Click here for our Newsletter archive.

MEMBERSHIP SPECIAL EXTENDED THROUGH 2012!
Join UTD or renew your UTD Membership in 2012 and receive access to the famed UTD Student and Diver Procedures Manual and/or an ONLINE DVD. CLICK HERE NOW.

Contact Info

Unified Team Diving

Websites:
Main:
unifiedteamdiving.com
Community:
unifiedteamdiving.com/main
Students:
my.unifiedteamdiving.com
Equipment:
utdequipment.com
E-Store:
utdequipment.com/

Street Address:
11211 Sorrento Valley Rd.
Suite I
San Diego, CA, 92121
USA

Phone:

+1 (855) DIVE UTD

+1 (855) 348-3883 

+1 760-585-9676

+1 760-585-9681 (fax)

Email:

info@unifiedteamdiving.com

Email:

sales@utdequipment.com

unifiedteamdiving

Classes and Events

© 2014   Created by Unified Team Diving.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Web Analytics