Unified Team Diving

We have another "hot topic" these days, what do you guys think of the 3 T's in Taj Mahal cavern?

EB

Views: 48

Replies to This Discussion

Seems kind of silly to me, especially that (say) if you did a cavern dive following a guide, the T's are "legal" but then with certain agency cave1/intro certs suddenly you can't even go up there (although I suppose it's not the greatest cave1 dive)

However, it seems to be a sore subject with some people, and might be a tough issue to tackle....

So far, cavern diving in the Riviera Maya has a (perhaps surprisingly) very good safety record, but having open water divers (many, I suspect, cavern diving within one week from OW certification) negotiating Ts in an overhead environment seems to me to be pure insanity! surely it is an accident waiting to happen ....

A big "circuit" line, similar to the two currently in place in Dos Ojos, seems to be the most sensible solution.

@Jamie, I agree, the current line is daft (and dangerous).

Haha, this above was Nick ... apparently somehow logged in under James info :)

--Nick

I agree with you guys Ts in a cavern does not make any sense !!!

Some people would argue that has been always this way so it should stay same......I really don't get this as we are talking about a cavern line with Ts .....Ts are not allowed in Overhead from divers at Cave1 level or basic/apprentice cave diver level, so are we saying that an open water diver with single tank, single light, zero overhead training  and a "guide" can do that "Ts circuit" but a certified Basic Cave diver or certified Cave 1 diver with doubles, proper equipment and overhead training cannot do it ??? ......

However once eliminates the Ts I would re line the line in the same kind of "path" to protect the other part of the cavern/cave.

Unfortunately cavern guides that does not follow the line will continue to do so but at least we can make it safer for the ones that actually believe on following the line for safetey , of course, but for the conservation of the cave as well !!!

Eheheh funny Nick "hiding" with Jamie's ID.......

EB

RSS

Students - Purchase Gear Here

UTD on the Net

In the News

UTD STUDENT PROCESS

New and Exciting at UTD

EDUCATIONAL MATERIALS

UTD Equipment

UTD News

CURRENT NEWSLETTER IS READY...CLICK HERE.
Click here for our Newsletter archive.

MEMBERSHIP SPECIAL EXTENDED THROUGH 2012!
Join UTD or renew your UTD Membership in 2012 and receive access to the famed UTD Student and Diver Procedures Manual and/or an ONLINE DVD. CLICK HERE NOW.

Contact Info

Unified Team Diving

Websites:
Main:
unifiedteamdiving.com
Community:
unifiedteamdiving.com/main
Students:
my.unifiedteamdiving.com
Equipment:
utdequipment.com
E-Store:
utdequipment.com/

Street Address:
11211 Sorrento Valley Rd.
Suite I
San Diego, CA, 92121
USA

Phone:

+1 (855) DIVE UTD

+1 (855) 348-3883 

+1 760-585-9676

+1 760-585-9681 (fax)

Email:

info@unifiedteamdiving.com

Email:

sales@utdequipment.com

unifiedteamdiving

© 2014   Created by Unified Team Diving.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Web Analytics